Engr. Gadzama Moses Mele started his Engineering career at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering in 1990. His undying quest for knowledge spurred him to obtain a Master’s Degree in Business Administration at the University of Maiduguri in 1997, and a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in 2010. He has also attended several training courses both in Nigeria and abroad in Substation Design and Commissioning; Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness; Negotiation and Conflict Resolution; Contract Negotiation etc.
He worked as a lecturer at the Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri, before joining the defunct National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) in 1998. Currently, he is working at the Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited where he subsequently rose to the position of the General Manager, Distribution.
A COREN Registered Engineer, He is a member of the following professional bodies:
- Fellow Nigerian Society of Engineers (FNSE)
- Fellow Institution of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (FNIEEE)
- Fellow Nigerian Institute of Power Engineers (FNIPE)
- International Association of Protection engineers (UK)
- Fellow, Institution of Corporate Administration of Nigeria
- Fellow, Institute of Human Capital Management & Skill Development
- Fellow, Institute of Strategic Planning & Operational Management of Nigeria
A practicing and seasoned engineer, he has been involved in the conceptualization, design, construction, supervision, and commissioning of various Distribution Electrical Engineering Projects across the six geopolitical regions of Nigeria. His schedules centered on the following but not limited to:
- Supervision of Field Project Managers in the South South,
South West, North East, North West, North Central and South East Regions
- Supervision of project implementation with emphasis on time, quality and cost/budget.
- Review of EPC contractor’s drawings, quality control procedures, design submissions and vetting of EPC Contractors invoices.
- Approval and implementation of contractors’ quality assurance program, participate in the commissioning of Lines and Injection Substation Equipment.
- Monitor EPC Contractor’s schedules, planning documents and the progress of project activities.
- Create a management-type plan to verify milestones, identify and analyze potential delays and proposed corrective actions.
- Control and coordinate project reporting, manage their distribution and provide support to project communication, ensuring consistency of presentations and managing information release requests from contractors.
- Verification and approval of Distribution Major Equipment (7.5&15MVA transformers, 33KV outdoor circuit breakers & Indoor switchgears, 11KV indoor switchgears, 33KV line and control panels, current and Voltage transformers, etc) design drawings for Original Equipment Manufacturers.
- Monitor OEM Contractor’s schedules, planning documents and the progress of project activities (e.g. Training of client personnel on Equipment Operation and Maintenance, Warranty terms) as stipulated in the Request for Proposal (RFP), Minute of Meetings (MOM), and other contract documents.
- Organize and conduct Manufacturing Process Inspection (MPI), Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) on Distribution Major Equipment (DME), and Conveys approval to OEM to ship tested DME.
- Coordination of logistics of Equipment Supply to Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractors, Treating cases of Transit damage of DME, Guiding and Supporting the EPCC during installation and commissioning of the DME.
- Preparation of bid documents and submission, Drawing up of contracts, documentation, and processing
Engr. Gadzama Moses Mele is an ardent professional engineer that holds the principles of Professional Ethics. A core member of the NSE who has always upheld the values and ideals of the Society.